The following is required at the time a couple applies for a marriage license:
- $25 cash, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover.
- Proof of age and identity required (proof of age and identity is normally satisfied with a government-issued photo ID)
- If a government issued photo ID is not available, an original or certified copy of a birth certificate must be presented
For applicants who are 16 or 17 years old, in addition to the above requirements, you must have:
- An original or certified copy of your birth certificate.
- Written consent of each living parent listed on the birth certificate. If a government issued photo ID is not available, an original or certified copy of a birth certificate must be presented.
Applicants Under 16
Marriages of persons under 16 years of age are only permitted when there is a pregnancy and when a District Court Judge has authorized the marriage.
Certified Copy of Marriage LicensesTo obtain a Certified Copy of a Marriage License, submit your request through the Tyler Web Public Document Search. Please include a phone number along with your request. A staff member will call
to process your request and verify protected information.
|Marriage License Application (Cash, MasterCard, or Visa)
|Certified Copies of Marriage Licenses
||$2.50 per Copy
|Duplicate Marriage Certificates
||$5 per Copy